ResolutionCare is committed to protecting your privacy. We collect information to provide services to you, update you on our work, and communicate about upcoming events and support requests. ResolutionCare pledges to use your information responsibly.
This policy describes the personal data we collect, how we use it, and your options in regards to that use.
You can edit your preferences or revoke consent by contacting ResolutionCare via our website or clicking the link to update your preferences at the bottom of each of our newsletters. Except for the purposes outlined below, we will not trade, share, or sell your personal data to anyone.
This policy applies to information collected by ResolutionCare through all channels, including online and offline donations.
Resolutioncare.com is operated by ResolutionCare based in Eureka, CA, United States. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR, ResolutionCare is the data controller for the processing of your personal data.
Information We Collect
Information Collected from Website Visitors
You may choose to interact with our website by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to ResolutionCare, such as giving us your name, email address, phone number, and/or physical address when signing up for a newsletter or making a donation.
Information Collected from Website Users
We collect information when you donate, contact us, or subscribe to our newsletter as described below.
Making a Donation: When you make an online donation on resolutioncare.com, we collect personal data such as your name, billing address, and email address. We collect information about your donation, such as the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers, which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. If you use PayPal, Apple Pay, or a similar service, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours. We encourage you to review those policies carefully.
Donations in Honor/Memory of Someone:
When you make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one, we collect payment and contact information about you, as well as the name, email address, and mailing address of the recipient.
Periodically, ResolutionCare may invite you to complete online surveys. Unless you provide your contact information, these will be anonymous.
Use of Information
ResolutionCare uses the personal data that you provide or we obtain, and the technical information logged by our servers to process your donations, to:
- Process your donations, contact you regarding any questions related to your donation, mail receipts related to your donation (if applicable). Use of this data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and ResolutionCare in connection with your donation. If you do not provide the necessary data, we will not be able to process your donation.
- Comply with our legal obligations, such as court orders.
- Send you updates on how your donation has been used, project appeals, newsletters, matching opportunities, information about ResolutionCare, and events we think may be of interest to you. We will only send you this information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. You can also unsubscribe from ResolutionCare communications by using the Contact page of resolutioncare.com to inform us of your wish to unsubscribe.
- As necessary for certain legitimate interests, which include the following:
- Notify your friends and family about your donation in their honor if you ask us to;
- Use the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our website (described above) to improve your experience on our website and prevent fraudulent activity;
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- We may anonymize the information that we collect and use such anonymized data for ResolutionCare’s in-house statistical and market research purposes;
- Operate the website and our business; and
- Compile aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors or registered users use our website, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will share your personal data with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors in order to process your donations, offer you services in connection with our website, communicate news and information about ResolutionCare, provide customer service, and complete financial transactions. These service providers are authorized to use your personal data only to the extent necessary to serve these purposes, or as otherwise authorized by this policy. Except for the purposes outlined herein, we will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal data to anyone else.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- We need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- An emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety)
- We determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected.
We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our website, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the website, such as the pages you access.
In order to collect this information, the website places a cookie on your hard drive. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. We use this information to improve our website, for website analysis and statistics, and to respond to service requests you make.
You have the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser is different, so select the “Help” menu in your browser for instructions on how to use the relevant tools and settings.
Google Analytics:To prevent data from being collected by Google Universal Analytics, use the opt-out browser add-on developed by Google for this purpose available here.
Information about Children
Resolutioncare.com is a general audience website and does not collect information about a visitor’s age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to provide any information to ResolutionCare.
Right to access: We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have. You can submit a request for a copy of your information by using the Contact form at resolutioncare.com. You must use identifying information in your message to confirm your identify.
Right to erasure:If you wish to delete your account or have your information removed from our system, you can do so by using the Contact form at resolutioncare.com or updating your information using the links provided in our newsletters. For privacy and security, requests must come from the email address tied to your account.
Right to rectification:If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it.
Right to data portability:You have the right to obtain your personal data you provided to us. We will provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Right to withdraw consent:If we rely on your consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority:If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns in your jurisdiction.
We keep your information as long as necessary to accomplish the uses described in this Policy. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no requirement that we keep it, we’ll either delete or depersonalize it so you can’t be identified.
Links to Other Websites
The resolutioncare.com website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Safeguarding Your Information
ResolutionCare understands the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
You may use the Contact page of our website or contact us at:
2240 23rdStreet, Suite B
Eureka, CA 95501